Friday 1 May 2009

It's TWINS!

Announcement of Birth

traffic island socks by yours truly
a&e bfl sock in
berries

RedScot would like to announce the arrival of two little bundles of joy.  Twins Traffic and Island came into the world on April the 19th, 2009, much to the delight and relief of their mother.  Babies and proud parent are doing very well indeed and would like to thank everyone for all their good wishes.

And their downloads!  Heh!

I'm pleased with these little mites.  Well, hardly little, considering they fit my clodhoppers, but as an example of my first foray into producing a pattern, I have to say I am pleased!

who's mummy's little angels, then?


I know, I know... my own pattern, and I haven't finished an actual matching pair until now...  But I was adamant I wanted to test the pattern with different yarns and needle sizes before I let it loose in the world, therefore I had more Traffic Island orphans than I could shake a dpn at.  (Many thanks, also, to my kind test-knitters - you know who you are, and I LOVES you, I do!) Still, one pair down, another to go. The sibling for the TI sock in the Red Fraggle colourway will probably be started (and finished) on the train journeys up to the Netherlands next week.  Well, they are a quick knit after all, and perfect for travelling!  (Notice the subtle use of own horn tooting there...)


i love angels&elephant's yarn


The Netherlands again?  Well, yep - HUZZAH!  I'm going up to sing in a couple of concerts conducted by my BFF and the music includes the very first solos I ever sang.  Way, WAY back when I was 22 and was studying piano in England... Singing was my second study - it was a choice of that, or violin, and I thought singing would be easier!  Then I changed to first-study singing and discovered The Truth...

(Ugh.  I don't like the way, WAY back thing then the 22...)

Anyway, Vivaldi's 'Gloria' - alto solos!  OH YES!  Little Miss Zwischenfach (in-between voice types) I am!  Then Handel's 'Dixit Dominus' alto solo, too!  Oh, and 2nd soprano solos, because they don't have that much money for soloists, and they know I can do it!

(Or, at least they hope I can do it!  Heh!)  Tune in next time to find out...

4 comments:

Anonymous Friday 1 May 2009 at 16:10:00 BST  

Those socks are fantastic! I downloaded the pattern, but I seem to have baby knitting on the brain at the moment. Go figure.
Have fun with those alto solos!

Susan Friday 1 May 2009 at 16:20:00 BST  

Oh congratulations, great job! I think I'll be making them for my May socks. Oh, and I love Vivaldi!

Mary Sunday 3 May 2009 at 22:57:00 BST  

Very nice socks!

I was just thinking one reason why I haven't knit socks recently is because I haven't traveled via train anywhere recently.

ZaftigWendy Monday 4 May 2009 at 02:22:00 BST  

Very nice! I haz a proud, cuz I feel like an auntie, being that we're VLT relations.

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP