Tuesday 22 February 2011

Turning Over A New Leaf


Leaf - page, page - book, book - bookmark!  Geddit?  Geddit?

:: sigh ::

Philistines.  I'm working with philistines.  But because I love you all, philistines or not, I would like to introduce you to my latest free pattern:

The Bookmarker Sock!



My little sister is secretary extraordinaire to the director of a large university library in Scotland.  On being asked, after spotting some lovely winey-coloured DK in a shop at home, to make her some socks for Christmas, I immediately thought of this charming herringbone-like pattern: a pattern which reminds me of the bookmarks I used to have when I was little!  That, plus a Dutch heel (because I’m in Holland) and a star toe (because she’s a star sister) completes my book-inspired, secretary-dedicated sock!
So, here, for your delectation, is a DK-using, cuff-down,

Dutch-heeled,


star-toed


little cutie, which works with solid, semi-solids, colour-change and self-striping yarns. With colour-change and self-striping yarn, you'll also discover the zig-zag counter pattern. (You see a hint of it in the petroleum-coloured socks.) We all love a good chevron!  For the burgundy socks I used Cygnet Double Knitting in 'Mulberry Mix', and the wonderful oily colours came from King Cole Riot in 'Dude'. 

As I've said already, this is a free pattern which you can find if you click HERE. Said click will whiz you off to the Ravelry page (which is accessible to non-Rav members, too) where you will find a link to the pdf download.

Simple as pie. Leaf pie. Om nom nom?

1 comments:

fillyjonk Tuesday 22 February 2011 at 21:10:00 GMT  

Pretty! Thank you for this, it's been added to my queueueueueueueue.

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP