Saturday 13 December 2008

Y is for...

Yikes...

What with travel, concert and rehearsal days to take time away, I only have 4 real days left to finish my Christmas knitting...

Things still to finish (or, indeed start...)
  • unmentionable pressie for DS
  • fish hat for J
  • golf club socks for DB
  • toy for DS's cat
  • hot water bottle cover for Mum
Why, oh why is it that all I really want to knit right now are socks for myself?
:: sigh ::

I have no knitting to show.  Nada.  Zilch.  Rien.  I'm a failure!  But my friends are not... In the space of the last two days, I've received a parcel from the US and another from Norway FILLED to the gunwales with goodies.  I am a lucky so-and-so, that's for sure!


nomilicious bounty

G, aka the lovely dizzybea, kindly sent over her pattern for some felted clogs, the pattern over which I have been drooling for a while... She also included two skeins of lovely LOVELY Knit Picks lace-weight yarn - 'Alpaca Cloud' in Peppermint and 'Shimmer' in Morning Mist and a tonne of chocolate... oh MY!  The yarn is so soft!  I'm now beginning to understand the frenzied love of Knit Picks I read about in teh Rav!

E, aka itisalwaysraining, sent me some of her home-dyed yarn. Can you believe she used beetroot for those marvellous pinks and oranges?  She also sent some Garnstudio Drops Alpaca in a beautiful deep purple, a divine little note-book and some more chocklit! 

So yes, in fact I can blame these two for my lack of finished pressies... I'm too busy savouring the delights of the cacao bean, thank you!

3 comments:

Anonymous Saturday 13 December 2008 at 10:16:00 GMT  

Wow. WOW! You are quite lucky, look at the yarnz!!! It is all so droolicious!

mary Sunday 14 December 2008 at 02:43:00 GMT  

And if prezzies weren't exciting enough I nominated you for a Spreader of Love Award on my blog!

Anonymous Sunday 14 December 2008 at 12:40:00 GMT  

How about a transatlantic knit-a-long? Because I am way behind too and I don't have any travel or gigs to speak of!
Lucky you with all the yarn! Knit Picks is awesome. I'm going to have to get some of that peppermint lace weight!

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP