Tuesday 26 May 2009

You win some, you lose some...

Indeed, the orphanage (a big old-fashioned red-ridinghood-esque wicker basket) was one sock up, but soon after was one sock down again.  We had to say goodbye to our Traffic Island Sock in the Red Fraggle colourway this morning, as its sibling arrived to whisk it away.  Our little brightly-coloured stripey bebeh will be sorely missed.  Not having to wear sunglasses indoors all the time will be a blessing, however...

traffic island socks by yours truly
yarning yenta sock yarn in
red fraggle colourway


Well, the pattern seems to work.  If I can successfully make two pairs of socks from it without wanting to curl into a whimpering ball of ineptitude, anyone can!


interesting shot showing off differences in stripey gauge...
meh - perfection is boring


I can still gaze for long periods of time at the eye of partridge heel stitch.  It's just so, well, mesmerising, I guess...


look into my eyes, not around my eyes, look into my eyes...


Anyway, before we could get all teary-eyed at our loss, along came a Frondes Naissantes Sock (budding leaves in French! - pretentious?  Moi?!) to keep us occupied...


'zokni socks' by mintyfresh
noro kureyon sock in colourway S188


This is a darling pattern.  I say this also because in fact the sock is knit from the pattern I worked out from a stitch dictionary and was thinking of publishing when I discovered the zokni sock was (give or take a couple of stitches) as near as dammit.  So, there may be some differences to note, but it was too close to make a totally new pattern...  Them's the breaks!  It is lovely, though, and this particular colourway of the Noro sock yarn is incredibly beautiful!

Talking of patterns - there might be something to announce in the next post...

3 comments:

Susan Tuesday 26 May 2009 at 17:54:00 BST  

Love them, I hope the surprise is the pattern, I do want to try them.

RedScot Tuesday 26 May 2009 at 18:10:00 BST  

=D Thanks! The pattern is already on the blog - you can find them on the right hand side under weavin paitrens! Glad you like them!

Library Secretary Wednesday 27 May 2009 at 15:50:00 BST  

Ooh - very clever BS!

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP