Tuesday 2 September 2008

R is for...

Resemblance

The Wrong Socks

I've been wracking my brain for topics to write about for this abc-along post... wrangling with a few ideas and wringing my hands when they had to be written-off, to wretched disillusionment...

Heh!

So, I decided upon 'Resemblance' as I've just finished 2 items of the  family knitting, genus sock... subcategory SSS...

Firstly is the finished 'Crooked Cable Sock' by Sockbug. It's very cute in the Phildar 'Phil Luxe' yarn in the Nympheas colourway! 





Then we have the first 'Monkey Sock', by Cookie A. Yes, I jumped on the bandwagon - surely hundreds of knitters can't be wrong?  And, no, they're not! This is such a fun pattern to knit up... (actually the Crooked Cable pattern is a lovely knit, too...)


The wool is the hand dyed Shetland sock wool in 'Damson Delight' by my fave 'Angels & Elephants' team in Cornwall! Man, I love their yarn!


Well, I guess I'd better resume work on the replication of this, um... raiment...? Okay, that's stretching things just a wee bit!  Heh!

p.s. Thank you for all your lovely comments on the treasure chest! I'm VERY chuffed to tell you that the recipient loved it! Huzzah!  I might try and post a pattern for it in the near future...

3 comments:

Anonymous Wednesday 3 September 2008 at 15:27:00 BST  

Oh, my! Both socks are lovely! I've made Monkeys before, but now I need to add the others to my queue. (Because it's not long enough, apparently.) That purple yarn is amazing, btw!
Thanks for your comments over at my place. The job is going to be a lot of fun. Thankfully, the director understands that removing vibrato is not healthy for adult women. I shouldn't have to do it too much!
Random note: The Bach I'm singing is actually going well. Weird.

Anonymous Saturday 6 September 2008 at 17:04:00 BST  

crazy alliteration but I love the R post. I jumped on the Monkey bandwagon, too and now I know why they're so popular. Yours look great.

rebecca Wednesday 10 September 2008 at 21:48:00 BST  

Love those socks :-) I need to make a pair of monkey socks for my friend. I should get to work on that...I hope mine comes out as nice as yours, that's so prettty.

cheers,
rebecca
aka meanlouise ;-)

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP