Thursday 31 July 2008

Zombies ALIVE! Run awaaaaaaaaaaay...

Zombie Socks

Don't faint, please, but you can run away screaming if you wish...

I have finished a pair of socks. That they are the Zombie Socks by Sheryl Giles seems apt. I myself am feeling somewhat zombie-ish at the moment.  This has been caused, not by a bite from a zombie (I wonder how one DOES become a zombie - I may have to Google this... I shall be right back... Okay, so you have to be 'infected' and killed by a zombie. I think this is relevant...) but by being in the 35 degree heat of the South of France then the 22 degree air-conditioning of the French High Speed Train system then the 34 degree heat of home. Add a liberal dash of sniffly people ON the train and Hey PRESTO - instant cold.

:: sniffle ::

Ugh. Of course, the timing is somewhat crap, as I have a concert in a week's time in Germany, and some music still to get into my system, but I guess there's a lesson about procrastination to be learnt there, if nothing else!

But I FINISHED MY ZOMBIE SOCKS!  This pleaseth me. It doesn't make me feel any better,  sniffles-wise, but FO-wise it makes me smile! Huzzah!  (They're called 'Zombie' socks because they include SCARY dropped stitches!)

 So mis-matched they MATCH!

I am rather fond of these! It was the first time I used 'sock' yarn and I wasn't sure how the variegation would work, but I do like the way they're almost negative mirror images of each other!


stretched out and looking GOOD!


But I am also pleased that I can post one of my 'stealth' objects now, too... A few days ago it was the birthday of a lovely friend of mine from Ravelry. I was already sending her some rather HAWT shoes and the timing was such that I thought I'd send her my first evah amiguri-type knitted thingy and some yummy yarn as a birthday pressie...I don't have a photo of the yarn, but I can tell you it was called 'Raspberry Ripple' and came from my favourite 'Angels & Elephants' dyers...

The amiguri-type-thingy? Well, I attempted a little cupcake with a cherry on top... I had it in mind for the recipient a long time ago and was quite pleased with how it turned out...

 cupcake for G


Ach well, back to attempting to throw this cold... and finishing the other stealth objects... and praying for cooler temperatures!  Heh!
:: sniffle ::

3 comments:

Anonymous Thursday 31 July 2008 at 16:22:00 BST  

All of it lovely indeed! Except, of course, for the cold. Congrats on the sox.

Anonymous Thursday 31 July 2008 at 19:15:00 BST  

I am a big of of fraternal socks! Most of my handmade socks only vaguely resemble their mate! Yours are awesome! The cupcake looks delish too!
I hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous Friday 1 August 2008 at 16:27:00 BST  

OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those socks! They are so cool! The cupcakes is adorable!

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP