Sunday 13 April 2008

H is for...

Horloges.

Clocks. I like clocks. I'm a fan of clocks. I have 8 or so dotted around at home, not including the ones I still have packed somewhere... None, though, like this effort which can be found in the Musée d'Orsay in Paris. (The museum itself is a converted train station.) Now there's a clock-lovers paradise... You can also find this there:


You can just about make out the silhouettes of people walking on the framework behind the clock, which turns into this when you get closer (or use a telephoto lens!):

You also get the opportunity to see one of the massive clocks from the other side, as it were.

My sister is the silhouette on the right, taking photos through the clock hands! I took my own from the same spot:

You can see Montmartre right at the back and the Big Wheel at the Place de la Concorde, next to the big hand. (Now that was very weird to type - it felt like I was presenting a children's programme for a second!! "And when the big hand points down, it's...")
 Hmm, and talking of children's programmes... (Here comes a clumsy link...)
 Well, the need for a child's/idiot's guide to cabling is as strong as ever... I'm muddling through the Coco bag - trellis cabling all the way. (I must add that it's a gorgeous pattern - 'tis merely mine own self that's messing it up!) I gave a *brief* description of my 1st pattern repeat fumbles in an earlier post. After 3 repeats I discovered that there were errata to the pattern that I should have read.
D'oh! It certainly made sense as to why the Cable Faeries were regarding me with such disdain. Then I only did 4 rows of the pattern repeat when I thought I have done all 8 and started the repeat again... Some more repeats in, I discovered that there was a T4B or a T4F or some such equation that had a 'K2 from needle, then P2 from the cable' around the wrong way on the pattern itself. Or something along those lines... The knitting is in the living room and I'm in the computer room and I can't be arsed to go and check. Of course, after I figured that last bit out, I was feeling very pleased with myself and promptly made a hold back instead of hold forward mistake. Across a WHOLE row.
*smacks self on forehead*
Am I feeling stupid enough to post a picture? Damn right I am... as a warning to others.


CABLE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

0 comments:

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP